Asparagus: The Food of Spring
Depending on where you live, local asparagus is ready to buy and eat as early as February in the South and all the way until May in the North.
If you’d like to grow your own asparagus in your garden you can learn all about that here, or buy seeds to get started here.
Every time I go to the store and see fresh Asparagus, I get super excited, but then I struggle with find recipes that use it. I never like eating the same recipes over and over.
I haven’t ever met a person who doesn’t love Asparagus, but in case you were on the fence, Asparagus is super healthy for you. It is very high in vitamins A and K and also contains vitamin C, E, fiber, protein, and thiamin. Asparagus is also low in calories and carbohydrates. Score! Just make sure you do not make your Asparagus soggy or overcooked because that saps the beneficial nutrients. Want to learn more about the amazing qualities of Asparagus? Click here to read some great additional information.
I have found 17 healthy Asparagus recipes for you to try. Please let me know which one is your favorite! If you have a family recipe that you want to share, please feel free to add it to the comment section below!
17 Awesome Asparagus Recipes:
1. Strawberry Asparagus Spring Salad (Paleo, Vegan) by Primally Inspired
2. Pan-fried Asparagus by The Rising Spoon
3. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by The Sprouting Seed
4. Sesame Asparagus by Oh Lardy
5. Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto by The Sprouting Seed
6. Shiitaki Asparagus Spinach Soup by Savory Lotus
7. Honey Glazed Asparagus by Love Love Thing
8. Asparagus, Mushroom, and Roasted Red Peppers with Pesto by Thrive Style
9. Grilled Asparagus by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
10. Parmesan Garlic Asparagus by Chef in Training
11. Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry by Gimme Some Oven
12. Sauteed Asparagus and Peas by Once Upon a Chef
13. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocado and Lemon Basil Dressing by Two Peas and Their Pod
14. Asparagus Green Salad by DJ Foodie
15. Bacon and Asparagus Fried Couscous by Running to the Kitchen
16. Asparagus Soup by Nourished Kitchen
17. Celery Asparagus Soup with Goat Cheese by LA Healthy Living
Enjoy your Spring Asparagus!
DISCLOSURE: > In order for me to support my blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.