Great Summer Drinks…or how to pretend it’s still summer :)
Here are a few delicious options for some fun drinks to make with all those herbs you have been dying to use:
(1)1/2 gallon lemonade or limeade
(2)1 large can pineapple juice
(3) About 3 large handfuls of pineapple sage, lemon balm, lemon verbena, or mint leaves
(4) 2 bottles of champagne or ginger ale
(5) 2 lemons, sliced thin
(6) 1 lime, sliced thin
(7) Pineapple chunks, optional
(8) Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours, use chilled beverages
(9) When ready to serve, squeeze out the herbs and remove them. Pour in ginger ale or champagne just before serving.
*Iced Lemon Balm Tea*
(1) 8 cups of water
(2) 15 orange pekoe tea bags
(3) 3 (5 inch long) sprigs fresh lemon balm
(4) 1 cup sugar
(5) Juice of 1 lemon
(7) In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Remove from heat and add tea bags and lemon balm. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags and lemon balm and discard. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add lemon juice. Chill for at least 1 hour. To serve, pour lemon tea over a tall glass of ice.
*Sweet Harvest Tea*
(1) ¼ cup loosely packed fresh lemon balm
(2) ¼ loosely packed fresh peppermint leaves
(3) 1 tsp. fresh or dried lavender blossoms
(4) 3 inch slice of orange peel
(5) 2 cups water
(6) Place herbs and orange peel in a large teapot. In a small saucepan, heat water to almost boiling and pour over herbs in teapot. Cover teapot and let mixture steep for 10 minutes. Pour through a strainer to serve.
DISCLOSURE: > In order for me to support my blogging activities, I occasionally may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. However, I only recommend products or services I have personally used myself and trust.