Okay, I need to be perfectly clear here. Before I made this mango salsa, I HATED the concept of a fruity salsa. Just the thought of fruit being mixed with peppers made my stomach cringe and my eyes roll in disgust.
I originally made this mango salsa to please my husband. He always went on about how much he loved it and how he wished I wasn’t so weird about it. So I forced myself to make this recipe. The whole time that I was preparing it, I kept thinking about how crazy people are to enjoy such random foods mixed together. And then I tried it.
Words cannot describe the tastiness of this salsa. I can’t explain it because I still can’t believe that I liked it. I liked it so much that I ate 1/4 of the container of it before letting my husband know that it existed. Oops. 🙂 Even if you are weird about fruity salsa, I hope you try this. It is SO good!
- *3 mangoes
- *1/4-1/2 red onion, diced small
- *2-3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced small
- *2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- *1 large handful of cilantro OR parsley OR half of each, washed and chopped
- *the juice of one lime
- *a splash of orange juice (approx. 1 tbsp.)
- *1 tsp. kosher salt
- *ground pepper to taste
- *tortilla chips (for dipping)
- Prepare the mangoes so that you end up with as much mango flesh as possible, diced and put in a large bowl.
- Add the red onion, jalapenos, and garlic. Use gloves when handling the jalapenos if your skin is sensitive.
- Add the cilantro/parsley, juice of a lime, a splash of orange juice, and salt and pepper. Mix together, taste and add spices/juices as desired. Enjoy!
- **If you aren't a big fan of onion, add less of it or add more mango.
- **Even though this recipe contains raw jalapenos, it isn't too spicy. The orange juice, lime juice, and mangoes help keep the sweet and spicy in a beautiful balance.
- **I used half cilantro and half parsley, because my hubby is one of those people who hate cilantro. It was VERY good this way.
- **I warn you now: this salsa is very addicting. Don't expect it to last more than one night! 🙂
Check out these fun salsa recipes too:
*Tomatillo Avocado Salsa from Primally Inspired
*Peach and Tomato Salsa from Real Food RN
*Zesty Fermented Salsa from Rooted Blessings
*Blueberry Jalapeno Salsa from Stupid Easy Paleo
*Avocado and Fig Salsa from MIX Wellness
*Salsa Roundup from It’s a Love/Love Thing
*Fermented Salsa Verde from Yogi Mami