This is a list of at least 17 healthy asparagus recipes to inspire you in the kitchen during the spring season. Enjoy fresh and seasonal food like asparagus without it just being boring and plain.
Healthy Asparagus Recipes….the Food of Spring
Depending on where you live, local asparagus is ready to buy and eat as early as February in the South and all the way until May in the North.
Every time I go to the store and see fresh Asparagus, I get super excited, but then I struggle to find recipes that use it. I never like eating the same recipes over and over.
I haven’t ever met a person who doesn’t love Asparagus, but in case you were on the fence, Asparagus is super healthy for you. It is very high in vitamins A and K and also contains vitamin C, E, fiber, protein, and thiamin. Asparagus is also low in calories and carbohydrates. Score! Just make sure you do not make your Asparagus soggy or overcooked because that saps the beneficial nutrients. Want to learn more about the amazing qualities of Asparagus? Click here to read some great additional information.
I have found 17 healthy Asparagus recipes for you to try. Please let me know which one is your favorite! If you have a family recipe that you want to share, please feel free to add it to the comment section below!
If you need more spring food seasonal recipes to help inspire you in the kitchen, check out my other articles: Perfect Pea Recipes, Amazing Arugula Recipes, Radical Radishes Recipes. All of these are healthy recipes, too!
17 Awesome Healthy Asparagus Recipes:
1. Strawberry Asparagus Spring Salad (Paleo, Vegan) by Primally Inspired
2. Pan-fried Asparagus by The Rising Spoon
3. Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus by Wellness Mama
4. Sesame Asparagus by Oh Lardy
5. Chili Lime Roasted Asparagus by With Food & Love
6. Shiitaki Asparagus Spinach Soup by Savory Lotus
7. Pickled Asparagus Recipe by The Elliott Homestead
8. Cast Iron Charred Lemon Garlic Asparagus by Tasty Yummies
9. Grilled Asparagus by Whole Lifestyle Nutrition
10. Parmesan Garlic Asparagus by Chef in Training
11. Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry by Gimme Some Oven
12. Sauteed Asparagus and Peas by Once Upon a Chef
13. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus, Peas, Avocado and Lemon Basil Dressing by Two Peas and Their Pod
14. Asparagus Green Salad by DJ Foodie
15. Bacon and Asparagus Fried Couscous by Running to the Kitchen
16. Asparagus Soup by Nourished Kitchen
17. Asparagus Casserole by Natasha’s Kitchen
Enjoy your Spring with these Healthy Asparagus Recipes!
Want more healthy spring seasonal food recipes? Make sure to check out my other posts for inspiration: