I have not tried this recipe yet, but it sounds interesting:
Fettuccine with Marigold Sauce
*1.5 cups milk
*1 large onion, quartered
*4 tbsp. marigold (calendula) petals, fresh or dried
*2 large carrots, sliced lengthwise
*1 bay leaf
*4 oz. butter
*3/4 cup all-purpose flour
*1.5 cups parmesan cheese, grated
*salt and pepper to taste
*8 ounces fettuccine
1) Place the milk, onion, marigold/calendula petals, carrots, and bay leaf in a saucepan. Cover and simmer gently for about 10 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
2) Pour through a sieve into a bowl and reserve the carrot and onion pieces.
3) Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring until smooth. Gradually add the flavored milk and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring to make a smooth sauce.
4) Finely chop the onion and carrot and add to the sauce. Fold in the cheese and seasonings to taste.
5) Cook the fettuccine according to directions on the box and cook al dente. Serve topped with the marigold sauce.
Recipe found in:
Lesley Bremness, The Complete Book of Herbs, pg. 176.