• 1/4 cup fresh lemon balm leaves, chopped OR 1 tablespoon dried leaves
• 1 tablespoon fresh lavender buds OR 2 teaspoons dried buds
• 2 cups hot water
• 2 cups cold water and ice
• Fresh lemon for garnish
Lavender and Lemon Balm Iced Tea Quencher
Fresh and thirst-quenching, this cool summer iced tea is perfect for a garden party or simply to calm nerves and aid digestion. Makes about four 8-ounce servings.
1. Steep lemon balm and lavender in hot (80- to 90-degree) water about 3 minutes.
2. Add cold water and ice.
3. Serve over additional ice with lemon wedges.
Note: I sometimes add a few tea bags to the tea as well for the color and for a more complex taste! Try it both ways!