Herbal Teas for Insomnia
Use any of the following for insomnia (or combine some), simply make a tea and sip slowly 30 minutes before bed:
- Valerian root (reduces tension and anxiety) (check out my post on Valerian for more info!)
- Chamomile (reduces anxiety and promotes restful sleep) (click here for more info on Chamomile)
- Catnip (reduces anxiety and promotes restful sleep) (learn more about Catnip here)
- Passionflower (promotes calm and relaxation) (learn how to grow Passionflower here)
- Lemon Balm (promotes calmness and reduces tension) (learn more about Lemon Balm here)
Infuse an herbal tea: boil water and pour over the selected herb(s). Let it steep for 20-25 minutes. Sweeten with raw honey or stevia to taste. One cup of water per 1-3 tbsp. of fresh herb(s) or 1-3 tsp. dried herb(s).
You can make a large batch of the tea and drink a cup of tea each night. The tea will stay good stored in the refrigerator for approx. 4 days.
*For further reading:
**Read about Herbs for Headaches here.
**Find an Herbal Tea recipe for the Flu here.
**Learn how to make Borage Tea for Stress here.
**Learn some more Sleeping Tips from Real Nutritious Living.
**Learn more ways to get better sleep naturally from Our Heritage of Health.
**Make a sleepytime essential oil roll on bottle, instructions from Creative Healthy Family