This mango salsa recipe is a spicy but sweet salsa that will make your taste buds happy all day long. It’s the perfect snack all summer long or during football games. It’s also great on chicken or fish!
Okay, I need to be perfectly clear here. Before I made this mango salsa, I HATED the concept of a fruity salsa. Just the thought of fruit being mixed with peppers made my stomach cringe and my eyes roll in disgust.
I originally made this mango salsa to please my husband. He always went on about how much he loved it and how he wished I wasn’t so weird about it. So I forced myself to make this recipe. The whole time that I was preparing it, I kept thinking about how crazy people are to enjoy such random foods mixed together. And then I tried it.
Words cannot describe the tastiness of this salsa. I can’t explain it because I still can’t believe that I liked it. I liked it so much that I ate 1/4 of the container of it before letting my husband know that it existed. Oops. 🙂 Even if you are weird about fruity salsa, I hope you try this. It is SO good!
If you want to make a pretty platter of appetizer dips, try making my homemade salsa recipe with peppers and tomatoes, too. If you make a tray of guacamole, spicy salsa, and this sweeter mango salsa, it’s the perfect blend of tastes and textures! Everyone is happy. 🙂
Also, if you have TONS of jalapenos from your garden, make sure to check out my quick pickled jalapenos recipe and my list of ways to preserve jalapneos (and other hot peppers).
Mango Salsa Recipe
- 3 mangoes, diced
- 1/4-1/2 red onion, diced small
- 2-3 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced small
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large handful of cilantro OR parsley OR half of each, washed and chopped
- The juice of one lime
- A splash of orange juice (approx. 1 tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips (for dipping)
- Prepare the mangoes so that you end up with as much mango flesh as possible, diced and put in a large bowl.
- Add the red onion, jalapenos, and garlic. Use gloves when handling the jalapenos if your skin is sensitive.
- Add the cilantro/parsley, juice of a lime, a splash of orange juice, and salt and pepper. Mix together, taste and add spices/juices as desired. Enjoy!
- If you aren’t a big fan of onion, add less of it or add more mango.
- Even though this recipe contains raw jalapenos, it isn’t too spicy. The orange juice, lime juice, and mangoes help keep the sweet and spicy in a beautiful balance.
- I used half cilantro and half parsley, because my hubby is one of those people who hate cilantro. It was VERY good this way.
- Don’t forget to serve the mango salsa in some cute bowls.
- I warn you now: this salsa is very addicting. Don’t expect it to last more than one night!
More Awesome Recipes:
- Roasted Hot Pepper Hot Sauce Recipe
- Beer Cheese Soup Recipe
- Honey-Sweetened Lemon Balm Lemonade
- Garden-Fresh Pizza Sauce Recipe