Marjoram is my favorite herb in the kitchen! I adore it!
Marjoram and sausage pasta
*10.5 oz. rigatoni
*2tbsp. olive oil
*1 large red onion, roughly chopped
*2-3 cloves garlic, minced
*1 small eggplant, diced
*3 small zucchini, diced
*2 cups tomato pasta sauce
*1 tbsp. fresh chopped marjoram (or, I suppose, if you must, oregano)
*1.5 oz. black olives
*9oz. cherry tomatoes
*2 tbsp. chopped parsley
*marjoram leaves and Parmesan cheese for garnish
1) Cook pasta in boiling water until it is al dente, approx. 10 minutes. Drain.
2) Grill sausages until brown. Cool slightly, then cut into thick slices.
3) Heat oil in saucepan over moderate heat. Fry onion until starting to color, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sausages, cook a few minutes.
4) Increase heat and add eggplant and zucchini, cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until eggplant begins to soften.
5) Add tomato pasta sauce, marjoram, and seasonings. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender.
6) Stir in olives and tomatoes. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Combine pasta and sauce in a large bowl. Stir in parsley. Sprinkle with additional marjoram and Parmesan. Enjoy!
Recipe located in: Reader’s Digest, The Complete Illustrated Book of Herbs, pg. 81.