I haven’t tried this yet, but it sounds delicious, plus, the possibilities of additional herbs and tastes mean fun experiments!
Sweet Herb Sorbet
*1/2 cup superfine sugar
*1 cup water
*1/4 cup leaves of either spearmint, apple mint, lemon balm, or rosemary
*juice of 1 lemon
*1 egg white
*extra leaves of chosen herb for decoration
1) Place sugar in a saucepan and add the water. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved.
2) Chop the herb leaves and add to the pan. Cover, then remove from the heat. Leave to infuse for 20-30 minutes. Test for flavor; if it is too light, bring to the boil again then leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
3) Strain the liquid and add the lemon juice. Transfer the mixture to an ice-cube tray and freeze for 2-3 hours.
4) When the sorbet is semifrozen, whisk the egg white until stiff and fold it into the mixture. Return to the freezer for a further 3-4 hours or until frozen.
5) Serve the sorbet in individual dishes, and decorate with extra herb leaves. Enjoy!
Recipe located in: Lesley Bremness, The Complete Book of Herbs, pg. 185